Pengikut

My journey - Wong Hon Wai 黃漢偉

Posted by : Admin Direktori Blog | Isnin, 16 Januari 2012 | Published in

sumber :-

My journey - Wong Hon Wai 黃漢偉


A proper Desa Mawar shortcut road to Kg Melayu

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 06:08 AM PST





Residents of Desa Mawar, Farlim hung a banner to thank YB Wong Hon Wai (Assemblyman of Air Itam) for the allocation to resurface the shortcut road.

All aglow to usher in Chinese New Year

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:52 AM PST

All aglow to usher in Chinese New Year
By ANDREA FILMER
andrea@thestar.com.my

GEORGE TOWN: The inner city was transformed into a fairyland of lights as 2,400 bright red lanterns were lit up for the first time this year.

The lanterns that adorn over half a dozen roads surrounding Armenian Street, were put up in conjunction with the upcoming annual Chinese New Year Cultural and Heritage Celebration.

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng stood under an arch between two towering golden dragons to flip a switch and officiate the lighting ceremony.

Together with members of the cultural and heritage celebration's organising committee, Lim then took a short walk around the heritage enclave to get a closer look at the festive decorations.

Organising committee secretary Loh Boon Huan said the lanterns would be lit every night until Chap Goh Meh — the 15th and final day of Chinese New Year that falls on Feb 6.

On a related issue, Lim, who was accompanied by state executive councillors Chow Kon Yeow and Wong Hon Wai, said the re-tarring of Jalan Mesjid Kapitan Keling was postponed to after the Chinese New Year.

"The work was scheduled for January, but because of the inconvenience that it will cause, the state government has decided to postpone the job until after the Chinese New Year celebration," Lim said.

In August last year, the state announced that an 800m-stretch of cobblestone on Jalan Mesjid Kapitan Keling would be re-tarred after numerous complaints from the public about its rough surface.

The Chinese New Year Cultural and Heritage Celebration is jointly organised by the Penang Chinese Clan Council, Penang Clan Associations Youth Committee and Penang Government.

E&O Hotel and Star Cruises are co-sponsors of the event.

It will run from 3pm to midnight on Jan 29. All are welcome.

White Knights revive abandoned projects- launching of Taman Bukit Erskine

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:43 AM PST




As reported in The Star



Colourful fanfare: (From left) Ivory deputy chief operating officer Goh Chin Heng, Loh, Kebun Bunga assemblyman Jason Ong, Wong, Ivory chief operating officer Datuk Ooi Chin Loo and Komtar assemblyman Ng Wei Aik launching the project.

A DEVELOPER is building 554 low medium-cost apartment units along Lebuhraya Halia in Tanjung Tokong, Penang.

Currently 30% complete, the 38-storey Taman Bukit Erskine developed by Ivory Villas Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary company of Ivory Properties Group Berhad, is expected to be completed in 2014.

Ivory Properties Group Berhad executive director Ron Loh said each unit with a built-up area of 654sq ft comes with three bedrooms, a bathroom and a washroom.

"Despite being a low-medium cost project, the apartments offer good views," he said in a press conference at Penang Time Square on Friday.

He added that the project was abandoned for 11 years due to the 1997 economic crisis and was revived when Ivory took up the project as a white knight in 2007.

Originally named Fettes Villa, the project was later renamed Mount Erskine Development which consists of The Peak Residences, The Latitude and Taman Bukit Erskine.

Loh said the group had since changed the initial 500sq ft layout plan to 654sq ft and increased the units from 363 to 554.

He also said former purchasers who had paid the deposit in the previous project can opt to purchase the units or get a full refund next year.

"According to a court order, we can only refund the deposit a year after we launch this project.

"So far, 30% of the 363 former purchasers wanted to continue with this project," he said.

State Town and Country Planning, Housing and Arts Committee chairman Wong Hon Wai who launched the project said that he had contacted Rapid Penang to consider plying the route there.

"They used to ply the route but in 2007, they stopped due to poor response.

"I suggest that the bus company conduct a study on the need to service the route there since the apartments are coming up," he said.

He added that the public could send their feedback to Rapid Penang at rapidcare@rapidpg.com.my.

Wong also said that since 2008, seven abandoned projects including Taman Bukit Erskine had been revived and were at different stages of completion.

The projects are Desa Aman in Paya Terubong, Taman Cemerlang in Bandar Baru Air Itam, Mengkuang Heights and Taman Guar Perahu Indah in Central Seberang Prai, Taman Orkid Indah in North Seberang Prai and Taman Pekatra in South Seberang Prai.

On a related issue, Wong said the request for proposal (RFP) period for the revival of the Majestic Heights project in Paya Terubong ended on Jan 6.

He added that the Malaysia Building Society Berhad and the property liquidator Deloitte Kassim Chan had called for the RFP on Oct 7 last year.

"Phase 2A, 2B and 3A have been abandoned.

"They are going through the submissions by several developers.

"We hope that the phases can be completed soon after being abandoned for more than 10 years," he said.


As reported in New Straits Times

'White knights' revive projects
By AUDREY DERMAWAN
GEORGE TOWN
penang@nstp.com.my | 0 comments
Some 2,500 low- and low medium-cost units will be made available in Penang following the revival of seven abandoned housing projects.
Taman Bukit Erskine

MORE than 2,500 low- and low medium-cost units will be made available in Penang following the revival of seven abandoned housing projects.

Three of the projects are on the island -- they are Desa Aman, Fettes Villa (which has been renamed to Taman Bukit Erskine) and Taman Cemerlang.

The other four are Mengkuang Heights and Taman Guar Perahu Indah (in the Seberang Prai Tengah district), Taman Orkid Indah (in the Seberang Prai Utara district) and Taman Pekatra (in the Seberang Prai Selatan district).

State Housing Committee chairman Wong Hon Wai said the seven projects, which had been abandoned for between five and 15 years, were in various stages of revival.

"Thanks to 'white knights', these projects will be revived (once) again.

"With the completion of these affordable houses within the next few years, more and more people in the state will be able to own houses," he said at the launching ceremony of the Taman Bukit Erskine project at Penang Times Square here yesterday.

Present were Ivory Properties Group Bhd executive director Ron Loh, chief operating officer Datuk Ooi Chin Loo and deputy chief operating officer Goh Chin Heng.

The Taman Bukit Erskine is undertaken by Ivory Villas Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Ivory Properties.

It was abandoned for 11 years due to the 1997 economic crisis before Ivory Villas stepped forward as a 'white knight' to revive the project following a High Court arrangement.

A total of 554 low- and low medium-cost units are being offered in Lebuhraya Halia in Tanjung Tokong here with a built-up area of 60.75sq m each and priced at RM72,500.

Originally, only 363 units were offered with a built-up area of 46.45sq m.

Loh said the Taman Bukit Erskine project is now 30 per cent completed and is expected to fully completed in 2014.

Meanwhile, Wong said the state government was looking into efforts to revive other long-abandoned housing projects in the state.

"There is now a glimmer of hope for purchasers of these long-abandoned project," he said.

As reported in Nanyang Siang Pau

玮力4千万拯救云景园 前购屋者可续约或取回头期钱

北马
地方新闻

2012-01-15 13:51

黄汉伟(右三)为玮力产业集团的白云山"云景园"中廉价公寓计划主持推介礼,左起为吴敬恒、黄振裕、黄伟益、罗振铨及王康立。

(槟城14日讯)玮力产业集团接手拯救,耗资4000万令吉重新打造的白云山"云景园"(前身为花地园房屋计划)正式推介,受搁置计划影响的前购屋者可选择继续向玮力购屋,或取回之前所付的头期钱。

白武士玮力集团于2007年接手拯救后,于去年开始复工的白云山"云景园"中廉价公寓已完成30%工程,今日正式举行推介礼。

这项计划更从原本的500平方尺单位面积增加至654平方尺,单位数目也从363间增加至554间,售价从7万2500令吉起。

槟州行政议员黄汉伟指出,根据法庭谕令,发展商必须在该被拯救的房屋发展计划正式推介一年后,退还1万令吉头期购屋款项的第一批付款予要求退款的受影响购屋者。

云景园公寓推介礼

他是于昨日中午为白云山云景园中廉价公寓主持推介礼后,在记者会上这样指出。

罗振铨指出,在363名前购屋者当中,目前已有30%的购屋者选择继续向玮力购屋,至于另65%的购屋者签署同意书,要求退回之前缴付予前发展商的20%头期钱或1万令吉,仅有剩余的5%购屋者仍未被联络上。

有鉴于此,他促请这些购屋者尽快联络该公司04-210 8000或槟州房屋局04-650 5392。

他说,随着时代的变迁和人们对居住环境的素质要求已提高,同时也受现有房屋条例限制的情况下,玮力产业集团耗资4000万令吉重新包装及销售这栋高入云端的"云景园",38层楼高,拥有三房一厅及一间浴室及一间厕所实用格局,已进行了约30%的工程,预计可在2014年的下半年完工。

白云山居民可上网反映 要求恢复快捷通服务

黄汉伟促请白云山一带居民及购屋者踊跃上网向槟城快捷通(Rapid Penag)巴士公司反映民情,要求重新恢复川行白云山路载客路线。

他说,由于乘客少,使到快捷通巴士公司于2007年开始以这为由,取消白云山路的载客路线。

不过,黄汉伟说,继Puncak Erskine中廉价组屋后,将于2014年建竣及入伙的白云山"云景园"将有554个单位入伙,即将需要更完善的公共交通服务。

因此,他促请当地居民及未来购屋者上快捷通服务网站http://rapidcare@rapidpenang.com.my浏览,并在该网站反映心声,促使该巴士公司恢复载客路线。

出席白云山云景园中廉价公寓主持推介礼的人尚包括玮力产业集团执行董事罗振铨、总营运长拿督黄振裕及副总营运长吴敬恒、光大区州议员黄伟益及植物园区州议员王康立。

(0) Comments

Leave a Response

Sayap Parti