Isnin, 24 Oktober 2011

SERVANTHOOD

SERVANTHOOD


Zambry wants to cover up issue by filing a suit‏

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 09:03 PM PDT

MEDIA STATEMENT


Filing a suit does not clear the name of BN Perak MB, Dato' Seri Zambry Bin Abdul Kadir and his administration but only goes to show that they have something to hide.


BN Perak Menteri Besar, Dato' Seri Zambry Bin Abdul Kadir has been reported in the media yesterday (23/10/2011) that he will be filing a suit against me for my statement that he and his administration has approved a total of 68,503 acres of land since 2009 till July 2011. The statement was issued by me in pursuant to my duty as an elected representative. It was not a personal attack on Dato' Seri Zambry but a demand by the people that he and his administration be transparent in the award of state lands.

I stand by what I have said and awaits the summons from him.

Dato' Seri Zambry's threat to sue me only goes to prove that he and his administration have something to hide. As a Menteri Besar he has a duty to answer to the elected representatives of the people of whom I am one. Dato' Seri Zambry has not denied that his administration has approved the abovesaid 68,503 acres of land. My only challenge to him was to disclose the names of the recipients of the said lands and to explain why he has approved 60,561.75 acres of industrial/agriculture land at about RM375 per acre only.

Filing the suit against me only goes to show that he and his administration are not transparent and have something to hide. He hopes to silent me by filing the suit so that this matter can no longer be brought up for public discussion as it will be sub-judice. The hearing of the suit will take a few years. I expect Dato Seri Zambry to withdraw the suit after this coming 13th General Election and pay me some costs which he will be happy to do in order to avoid public scrutiny over this issue pending the 13th General Election. His action will be an abuse of the court process.

The public has the right to demand that Dato Seri Zambry and his administration be transparent and disclose the names of all the recipients of the 68,503 acres of land.



Dated this 24th day of October 2011.



DATO' NGEH KOO HAM
MP for Beruas & State Assemblyman for Sitiawan

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan