Pengikut

Lim Lip Eng

Posted by : Admin Direktori Blog | Isnin, 26 September 2011 | Published in

sumber :-

Lim Lip Eng


Wrecked car affecting traffic towed

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 10:27 PM PDT

Lim hired a tow truck to tow the wrecked car to a City Hall parking area near the Segambut commuter station. (Photo by Sin Chew Daily)
Source: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/4ran/Article/ (2011/09/23, By Veena Babulal)
KUALA LUMPUR: City Hall's delay in the removal of an abandoned car in Jalan Segambut has irked Segambut folk. Motorists using the road which is an artery to the city, Jalan Duta, Jalan Ipoh and Mont Kiara want to know why City Hall did not remove the abandoned car on its flyover near the Segambut commuter station.
The car believed to be involved in an accident on Sept 10 had been there for five days before Segambut member of parliament Lim Lip Eng hired a tow truck to remove the vehicle. The car was then pulled to a City Hall parking area near the commuter station. Lim resorted to taking matters into his own hands on Sept 15 after complaints lodged with City Hall by himself and residents on Monday (two days after the car was first spotted) were not addressed.
Mohd Ishak Sidin, 40, said the abandoned car had caused the jam in Jalan Segambut to worsen. "It used to take us two hours to ply the Jalan Segambut during rush hour in the evenings. But the abandoned car increased the journey two fold. It was especially bad during the evenings, it took me four hours to reach home from the flyover, which is barely 1km away," said the resident of Mandy Villa Apartment at Segambut Bahagia. "The car blocked more than two thirds of the lane of the dual carriageway near the commuter station where traffic flows from the Duta roundabout and Jalan Ipoh towards the city," he said adding that the damaged car and traffic cones took up between 6m and 9m length of the road. "It also caused a backlog of traffic to Jalan Kuching and Jalan Duta as the road ahead after the flyover at the Segambut KTM commuter station narrows into a single carriageway."
Khairuddin Karim, 55, also said that he could not understand why the police who conducted road blocks near the bridge could not tow the vehicle or inform City Hall about it.
City Hall was unavailable for comment.

Online order gone wrong, factory owner cheated

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 10:16 PM PDT

Conned: Tan showing the inferior material he received from China that he ordered through a website. (Photo from Guang Ming Daily)
Source: http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/9/26/central/9529321&sec=central (By JASTIN AHMAD TARMIZI, 26/9/2011)
A factory owner was cheated when he bought goods worth almost RM500,000 from a website recently.
Tan Chong Chew, 48, whose factory manufactures thermoplastic road marking material in Kota Damansara, said he ordered four containers of hydrocarbon resin for making road marking from three companies in China only to receive fake and inferior material. "My company has been importing this material from China for almost 10 years from one supplier. The usual supplier had to stop production for maintenance of the factory for a few months. "We cannot stop production as there is a demand here so we had to source from other suppliers," he said. Tan said he had asked the companies to send specimens of the material before making the purchase. "The specimen they sent was genuine and we paid a 30% deposit to confirm the order and paid the rest once the goods were on board the ship. "When we received the product, they were not the material we ordered," he said, adding that the material he received was inferior such as bitumen. Tan said after receiving all the goods, he tried to negotiate with the suppliers, however, the three companies denied sending the wrong product. "Two of the companies agreed to compensate assuring me they would deduct from future purchases and told me to place another order," he said. Tan said he went to China twice to complain to the authorities only to find that the address given by the suppliers were non-existent.
Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng, who accompanied the victim at the press conference, urged people to be more careful when buying products on the internet. "We have to always check with the relevant authorities and confirm whether it is a genuine supplier before making a purchase," he said. "I will try to highlight this case to the Chinese embassy in Malaysia and the police," he added.

Security threat to expo puts dent on Malaysians’ dream holiday abroad

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 10:03 PM PDT

Venting their anger: Some of the tour package customers explaining their ordeal during their trip to China to the tour company operators Sunday. (Photo by Guang Ming Daily)
Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/9/26/nation/9574807&sec=nation (By WONG PEK MEI, 26/9/2011)
A dream holiday turned into a nightmare for a group of 80 Malaysians when China's security authorities received threats to sabotage the China-Eurasia Expo held in Urumqi early this month. Their tour agency YangTze Cruise and Tour Sdn Bhd said the company did its best to resolve the logistical problems encountered by the group but claimed its hands were tied. However, businessman Wong Ket Peng, 53 and his wife Wong Sow Fong, 48, who spoke on behalf of the 80 customers from the same tour to Urumqi, described their experience during the 10-day trip from Aug 21 to Sept 5 as "mentally, emotionally and physically torturing". "On the sixth day of our trip, from Dan Huang to Hami, we had to suffer a heavy traffic jam for more than 24 hours. "We had to sleep in the bus and relieve ourselves in public. It was humiliating. "To add salt to injury, we had no food and drinks as well as accommodation, although we had paid for all these in our tour package which cost RM5,000 to RM7,000. "Due to the delay in reaching Hami, the company cancelled visits to two important tourist spots - Balikun Grassland on the way to Turpan and the International Bazaar at Urumqi," said Sow Fong, a secretary. The couple were among the customers who held a protest in front of company's office at Jalan Pinggir yesterday. She said their tour guide offered them compensation of RMB55 (RM27.25) each for the cancelled visits, food and accommodation. "But this is simply not enough for what we had to endure," she added.
Yesterday, the group, along with Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng, met company president Tan Han Soong. Lim said he would help them file a formal complaint to MATTA as it was in the position to intervene and resolve the issue.
Tan said the company did not realise there would be heavy traffic on the Silk Road where the group was travelling due to the threats to the expo, which was launched by China's Vice-Premier Li Keqiang. International media reported an increase in security, including checks made in the trunks of cars and searches of bags in public areas in Urumqi, the capital of China's northwestern Xinjiang Autonomous Region, during the five-day expo. "Security was heightened due to rumours of terrorist attacks. So our customers were stuck on the road between 16 and 30 hours," he said. He said the company tried to send supplies, but it was impossible due to road closures.
Tan said he would leave the matter to the Tribunal Court to decide if the group resorted to taking the case there.

(0) Comments

Leave a Response

Sayap Parti