Pengikut

My journey - Wong Hon Wai 黃漢偉

Posted by : Admin Direktori Blog | Rabu, 6 April 2011 | Published in

sumber :-

My journey - Wong Hon Wai 黃漢偉


New truck sets spritis aflame - Kampung Pisang volunteer fire fighting teams

Posted: 06 Apr 2011 06:26 AM PDT

As reported in The Star 4 April 2011

New truck sets spirits aflame

THE 70-member Kampung Pisang volunteer fire fighting team has finally received its second fire engine after operating in Penang for five years.

Its president Goay Kung Leng said the new engine, costing RM70,000, was well-equipped with a larger tank that could store about 5,700 litres of water.

"With the new fire engine, I believe the volunteer fire fighters can conduct operations with greater efficiency," he said during the launching ceremony in Penang on Thursday.

State Town and Country Planning, Housing and Arts Committee chairman Wong Hon Wai launched the new fire engine at Jalan Kampung Pisang in Air Itam.

Also present were state Tourism Development, Culture, Arts and Heritage Committee chairman Danny Law Heng Kiang, Air Itam Barisan coordinator Jackson Teoh and Sunshine Wholesale Mart Sdn Bhd general manager Yee Kam Ming.

Goay said the cost of the fire engine was raised from a fund-raising dinner organised by the squad in January with RM10,000 donations from Sunshine Wholesale Mart Sdn Bhd.

"We appreciate their generosity and support. We will work harder to serve the local community," he added.

Folk may value their flats more by chipping in 20%

Posted: 06 Apr 2011 06:25 AM PDT

As reported in The Star 4 April 2011

Exco man: Folk may value their flats more by chipping in 20%

THE Penang Government is not footing 100% of the cost to repaint state housing projects as it wanted their residents to have a sense of commitment to maintain the flats, said state executive councillor Wong Hon Wai.

He said all 45 state housing projects were offered a scheme whereby the state government pays 80% of the cost of repainting the buildings while the residents come up with the remaining 20%.

"We want the residents have a sense of commitment to maintaining the flats as best they can," Wong said after attending a World Water Day celebration at the Relau Metropolitan Park yesterday.

He was commenting on a statement by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on Saturday which rapped Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng for asking residents of the Rifle Range and Kampung Melayu flats to pay 20% of the total cost of repainting the flats.

Najib had said that the Federal Government would not ask for any payment from the people since it did not believe in burdening them.

He, however, said he would leave the repainting job to the state but added that the Federal Government would provide an allocation to improve the water pressure at the two high-rise schemes.

Wong, who is state Town and Country Planning, Housing and Arts Committee chairman, said the state government welcomed the offer to improve the water pressure and would also appreciate any allocation from the Federal Government to foot the residents' share of the repainting cost.

(0) Comments

Leave a Response

Sayap Parti