Isnin, 21 Mac 2011

Lim Lip Eng

Lim Lip Eng


Robbery at school puts parents on alert

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 03:31 AM PDT

Photo by Sin Chew Daily

Source: http://thestar.com.my/metro (By JASTIN AHMAD TARMIZI, 21/3/2011)

PARENTS waiting to pick up their children from school have been warned to be extra careful due to a spate of recent robberies involving parents. The robbers prowl outside the school compound pretending to be parents waiting for their children and pounce on parents before they could shut their doors after fetching their children.

In one incident, Celine Sook, 45, picked up her eight-year-old daughter from SJK (C) Khai Chee in Jalan Segambut and when she was about to close the car door, a robber struck, demanding money. "It happened about a week ago at the school carpark area located just outside the school at around 7pm. I usually come late because of the jam after school at 6pm. Most parents come at that time so I have to wait and I cannot get into the carpark area even if I leave early. "There were about four cars left in the area but most of them were empty. I had just left my car to bring my daughter from the school gate to the car. "After letting her into the car I got in and was about to close the door when a man stopped me from closing my door and demanded all my money," she said at a press conference. "I offered to give the man my handbag but the robber refused and entered my car and sat in backseat where my daughter was sitting. I stepped out of the car and shouted for help." Sook said a few passersby came to her aid and when the robber saw them coming he ran off. "The robber then ran to his car and sped off. He left an umbrella in my car that had a machete hidden in it. I have lodged a police report but they have not caught the man," added Sook.

Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng, who was also present at the press conference said it would be better if the authorities could start mobilising traffic policemen in the school area after school hours.

Headmistress Liew Ah Ching urged parents to pick their children inside the school compound if they ever came late after school dismissal. "They should not leave their children there for too long. But if they come late they should ask their children to stay in the school compound as we have CCTV surveillance in the school compound," she said.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan